Thursday, September 18, 2008

Coming up on ONE YEAR of marriage!

Can you believe it?? This year FLEW by! I am so thrilled that in less than a week John and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. It has been a fantastic year and I am so excited for the MANY years to come with my amazing husband. To think, this time one year ago, my stomach was filled with butterflies as I anticipated my wedding day. Although the 'bride' in me was stressed about the details (ie, going through 3 wedding dresses before finding the perfect one - including selling one to a bride in Australia, firmly instructing the pastor there must be NO POSTERS on the wall of the church, staying up late making my own unity candle and bulletins, researching photographers, DJ's, and wedding reception like it was my job, trying to convince bridesmaids that being at the hotel at 6am would be FUN, etc..).. the 'wife-to-be' in me knew the day would represent our love and commitment for each other and would truly be the best day of my life. And I was right.



Here is a fun memory I have of 9/22/07... just as I was walking into the church to start the ceremony, I knew it was the last time I was walking in there as a 'single' woman. My nerves started kicking in big time. Kim was right in front of me saying "Come on Kristy, you're getting MARRIED!" It was so nice to have that little moment, she was like my Mama bear :-) I was SO happy when I got my wedding pictures back and saw that moment was captured.

No comments: